Call for Communications Officer
The European Students Union (ESU) is looking for a creative and dynamic team player to fill the position of Communications Officer at its headquarters in Brussels, Belgium.
Responsibilities and areas of work
Managing and facilitating external and internal communications, namely by:
- Updating and implementing ESUs Communications strategy; Promoting ESU events, projects, publications, campaigns, statements and policies to other stakeholders (NGOs, relevant EU institutions, policy makers, etc) and the wider public
- Collaborating with partner organisations in different Work Packages; dissemination of European projects (Erasmus+, Horizon2020, CoE)
- Writing articles and compiling information for ESUs website and external newsletter
- Liaising with relevant media and related institutions; writing and sending Press Releases when relevant in coordination with the Presidency and EC teams
- Moderating internal and external email lists and intranet
- Screening external queries and requests (including filtering relevant messages received at the general organisations email)
- Organising events in cooperation with other ESU staff or elected representatives
- Social Media Management
- Producing graphic materials (mainly for the website and social media): photos, videos, infographics
- Proofreading of documents produced by members of the Board/EC/other staff members
Upgrading and updating ESUs institutional image, namely by:
- Regularly updating ESUs website
- Working with a professional IT company to improve ESUs website
- Developing promotional materials and lead the practical/technical work regarding ESU publications (contact with designers, printing companies, etc.)
Further developing the administration of the organisation:
- Mentoring and supervising the tasks of the Communications intern(s)
- Cooperating with other ESU elected and secretariat members on ESUs promotional and fundraising activities (eg: grant applications)
- Finding new ways to facilitate better internal and external communications
- Sharing daily secretariat tasks with other secretariat members
- A degree or comparable experience within the areas Public Relations, ICT, journalism, communications and/or marketing
- Knowledge and/or experience of promotional activities and communications strategies
- A very good command of the English language (spoken and written). Additional knowledge of one or more European languages is highly desirable, particularly French or Dutch
- Very good computer skills and web literacy
The following knowledge and/or skills will be taken as advantages:
- Knowledge of the European institutions and other target audiences related to higher education
- Layouting and design skills
- Photography, video production and editing skills
- Any working experience with non-profit student/youth organisations, preferably student unions
- Preferably with experience working in projects funded by EU programmes (Horizon2020, Erasmus+, Council of Europe)
Profile of the candidate
A team player that is able to work within a multicultural environment. Must be flexible and able to stick to tight deadlines. Can expect occasional travel to attend the major events of the organisation and project meetings.
What do we offer?
- Full-time position (37.5h per week)
- Casual, warm but highly organised work environment
- Support from the different teams/departments
- Interviews will be held between the 8th and 10th July;
- Starting date: mid-July 2019
- Location: Brussels
- Salary: Between 1,800.00 2,000.00 EUR monthly gross salary + attractive benefits package. Exact remuneration depends on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Applications should be submitted in English and include a CV and a cover letter (no longer than 2 pages).
Please send your application to Mr. Robert Napier on firstname.lastname@example.org by 23.59 CET on Friday 28th June 2019.