CONCORD is looking for a communication trainee
For Contract de Inmersion Professional, student or young professional under exchange program
CONCORD is the European confederation of Relief and Development NGOs. We are made up of member organisations: 28 national associations, 21 international networks and 3 associate members that represent over 2,600 NGOs, supported by millions of citizens across Europe. We are the main interlocutor with the EU institutions on development policy. We are a not for profit organisation, registered under Belgian law as an a.i.s.b.l - Association Internationale Sans But Lucratif - (An international not for profit association).
If youre looking for a meaningful experience in a confederation committed to bettering lives around the world with a team of dedicated professionals and wonderful people and tell everyone that you contribute every day to transforming the lives of millions of people around the world, we would love to hear from you!
CONCORD is seeking a highly-motivated individual to support the Communications Coordinator and the Secretariat in preparing communication outcomes which are making our policy and advocacy work more impactful.
What exactly will you do and what will you learn?
● Assist in drafting the monthly newsletter;
○ Learning how to use Newsletter mailing programmes such as Mailchimp;
● Update website and upload documents upon request;
○ Learning how to use Wordpress;
● Assist in writing targeted messages around publications launch, events organisation;
○ Improve writing skills to draft short, sharp texts;
○ Learning how to build a communication plan and toolkits;
○ Learning about media relations and how to develop press releases;
○ Learning about visual communication;
● Assist in event communication, administration and logistics;
○ Learning how to use video and live streaming programmes;
○ Learning how to live tweet and use digital tools to facilitate the reporting;
● Assist in social media updates;
○ Learning how to use social media for effective communication;
● Monitor European news on development and humanitarian assistance;
○ Learning about European Development Policies;
● Assist in maintaining the online & offline library up to date;
○ Learning knowledge management.
Here are the skills and experience were looking for:
● University student or graduate preferably in communication, development studies, political science or EU studies;
● Fluent in English. Second EU official language is considered an asset, but not a requirement;
● Communication mindset: capacity to break down complex, technical issues into user-friendly texts;
● Team player capable of working in a dynamic and multi-cultural NGO environment;
● Computer skills, especially web and social media related; the geekier the better.
Any of the following is a plus:
● Layout and graphic designer skills are an asset;
● Experience with Non-Governmental Organisations / value-based organisations would be an advantage;
● Experience in writing, editing and proofreading, social media and online communication, including the use of content management systems (CMS).
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
If you are eligible for a CIP (Contrat d'Immersion Professionnelle)
➔ You will work in our offices for 6 months in Brussels, Belgium;
➔ The contract will be an immersion professionnelle contract for a duration of 6 months (possibility to renew once under certain conditions);
➔ Salary will be approximately 800 euros per month;
➔ You will be entitled to a minimum of 20 days vacation pro rata;
➔ CONCORD also provides hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers of €7 per
working day and a monthly commuting allowance on local public transport or by bicycle.
If you are a student:
The trainee must be enrolled in a university or higher education institute or exchange programme (for young professionals), which will provide him/her with financial support covering living costs and insurance for the duration of the assignment.
● Local transport cost.
● Daily allowance for food.
● A good learning environment.
● On top, our team motto is Teamwork makes the dream work :)
Duration: for 6 months from as soon as you can join us Supervisor: Iva Petkovic, Communication Coordinator at CONCORD Process:
The call for applications is open until 10th of April (midnight Brussels time). An email with CV and Cover letter (1 page) should be sent to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: Communication Internship Application.
Short listed candidates will be contacted on the 15th April for online interviews, which will take place on 17th of April. The final selection will be announced on the 20th of April.
The selected candidate is expected to begin in May.
Friday 03 april 2020 / Friday 10 april 2020
T. +32 (0)2 743.87.60 / 84