Climate Health Project: Fund Scouting & Support for Application Drafting
The World Organization of Family Doctors (WONCA) is a global not-for-profit organisation representing 132 professional associations of family doctors from 111 countries and territories (www.globalfamilydoctor.com). Our mission is to improve the quality of life of the peoples of the world by promoting the development of general practice/family medicine globally, fostering high standards of care, and disseminating information concerning the educational, research and service provision aspects of our discipline.
Air pollution, from both outdoor and household sources, causes 7 million deaths annually. Although the evidence base is strong, it is not widely recognised by healthcare providers as a risk factor for disease, and is not often part of medical and other health professional training.
To address this gap, WONCA is developing a capacity building program for healthcare practitioners in low- and middle-income countries with the objectives:
1. to train primary health care practitioners in LMICs about air pollution and health;
2. to provide trainers with the tools and motivation to train other healthcare practitioners, so as to support health education and disease prevention with respect to air pollution
The program will be taught remotely and use a train-the-trainer model.
The project is based on a previous successful pilot, during which 73 healthcare professionals from 32 low- and middle-income countries from received training on air pollution.
We are looking for a consultant to undertake the following:
1) Funding source scouting
2) Support for the application drafting phase
3) Quality check of the funding application
What we are looking for:
1) A consultant with excellent knowledge of international funds
2) Experience in projects and knowledge of funds related to healthcare, professional education, international collaborations and non-profits
3) Proven experience in scouting and quality check of applications
4) Fluency in English
To apply send your CV and please provideprevious successful participation in project scouting.Your cover letter should explicitly state how your profile matches the job requirements as indicated above.Please send your application email@example.com Funding source scouting in the subject of your email.
Your application must be received by13 May 2022, 17:00 CEST. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. Only well-qualified candidates will be invited for an interview.
For any questions, please contact:firstname.lastname@example.org