The European Microfinance Network is hiring an ADVOCACY Manager
The European Microfinance Network aisbl is hiring an Advocacy Manager (AM) for its office in Brussels, Belgium. The AM will bepart of the EMN Secretariat and will report directly to the General Manager (GM).
The AM will be responsible for the overall advocacy of the organisation, and particularly for the execution of operational advocacy activities implemented by EMN.
This role is a key part of the activities of EMN, since dialogue with policy-makers at EU and national level is one of two pillars of the organisational plan, as established in EMN's 2017-20 Strategic plan. The EMN advocacy strategy should be developed in collaboration with the Vice-President and the GM, with the aim of carrying out the operational objectives to bring this strategy to good terms.
*** Please visit the EMN website to see the full job description ***
- Advocacy for EMN
- EU policy follow-up
- Facilitate research and papers to back the organisational advocacy
- Project Management
- Coordinate EMN Working Groups
- Relevant experience in microfinance issues at European level.
- Knowledge of the EU Institutions and decision process.
- Experience in drafting documents aimed at meeting advocacy needs.
- Experience in successfully negotiating and managing partnerships with public and private organisations.
- Experience in the EU policy areas related to Social Finance.
- Experience in the management of projects at international level.
- Full professional proficiency in English. Other languages will be considered a plus.
Terms of appointment
- This is a senior appointment in the organisation for afull-time role
- Remuneration will be agreed according to skills and experience.EMN provides a subsidy for travel between home and workplace, meal tickets, hospitalisation insurance, a bonus scheme and other representation expenses.
- Homeworking is possible when agreed.
Starting date: as soon as possible
Application deadline: 4th June 2018